Today I’m going through the products I have in my shower, since I’m absolutely loving them recently.
First, Shampoo. I’ve been using the Anovia Head On Detangling Shampoo. It’s a wonderful product as it is so easy to lather and then to wash out so that you get the cleanest hair and no horrible residue. It treats the hair as well since it has tea tree oil in the formula. If I’m not using this shampoo I tend to use Head and Shoulders for the same reasons.
Conditioner. I don’t use conditioner often because to be honest, I don’t feel like I need to. When I do use it though, I’ve been using the Wilko’s Fruits Rhubarb and Vanilla conditioner. I love the smell and I love the whole Fruits range which is why I have a lot of it.
Shower Gel. At the moment I’ve been alternating between two Fruits shower gels. The Strawberry and Pomegranate one and the Lemon and Black Pepper one. The scents are so strong but not in an overpowering way. They’re just so delicious. The Fruits range are currently 3 for £3, so they’re a good bargain too.
So far, these tend to be my typical shower products but recently I’ve found or been given some hotel ‘freebies’. First I have two from a London hotel, I think, it doesn’t say on the bottles, and I’ve got a body wash and a shampoo. They’re Refresh products ‘enriched with natural extracts of Aloe Vera’ and I have to say they’re quite good. The next three are from Letoonia Resorts (in Turkey I think) and I was given these by my grandma. I have a shampoo, a shower gel and a hair conditioner. Once again, these work pretty well and I’ve had no complaints from any of my hotel ‘goodies’.
Hello, I am back with today’s hair/beauty recommendation. Hopefully, we all know how important heat protectant is for your hair when you heat style or blow-dry. I use Argan Oil Heat Defence Leave In Spray.
This product is wonderful. Not only does it protect your hair from the damage caused by curlers, straighteners and hair dryers, it also makes your hair healthier as the ‘moroccan argan oil extract’ is ‘hydrating, nourishing and cleansing’ or so the packaging states. I couldn’t agree more. This product makes your hair brighter, softer and shinier and so overall healthier.
I also managed to pick up this product for about £1 – £1.99 in a local PoundStretcher – such a bargain!
So similar to my beauty blog about a month ago, I want to show you my favourite parts of my necklace collection. I don’t wear necklaces too often, as I don’t wear much jewellery that often but for some reason I can’t stop buying them. Again, I want to show you my favourite necklaces so that maybe you can buy them, find something similar, get inspired or just be plain nosey.
I’m going to refer to the numbers on the pictures as I talk about each piece:
- This was a wonderful present from my Grandma. It is, as I’m sure you can see, a rabbit with a tiny rose. We were shopping in New Look and I saw this necklace, I think it was on offer, but I decided not to buy it since I was already buying other things. She slipped it into her shopping, I didn’t know at all, and surprised me with it afterwards.
- This is actually three necklaces. The two on the right, the jigsaw pieces, were bought for me, on my birthday I think, by my wonderful best friend and she gave me them both. This year, I felt bad for not splitting up the pair between us and instead got a brand new set of friendship necklaces, as I’d already gotten so attached to the other two, which means, the one on the left, the little man, is my one from the pair and she has the other. I got the little man necklace from Claires.
- A little BEST sheep. I assume this is from a pair like the ones above. My friend gave me this necklace as a Christmas present and I just adore it.
- I absolutely love this necklace. I think it’s so unique and as a fan of TV shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer it’s very apt in representing my love of that. I recently wore it to a Vampire/Gothic party I had with my English Literature group at the end of the school year in July. I have a feeling that I bought it from Claires but I don’t remember.
- Two necklaces. These were both bought for me from another of my friends but on seperate occasions, I believe Christmas and then my Birthday. They both have super long black chains, one has a strawberry charm and one has a beautiful bird. I love these so much.
- Finally, this necklace is a lovely little locket that I have had for so many years and it has a lot of meaning to me purely because of that. I got it with a diary or book of some sort that I bought in Primary School and have had it ever since.
That’s it. Not much more to say really. I do realise most of these were bought for me and that’s because I do genuinely regard these and others that my friends or family have bought me as my favourites. Not only do they know exactly what I like but the pieces just hold so much more value when they have that meaning behind them.
Let’s talk about something hair related once again…
Today I want to recommend Bristow’s Dry Shampoo. I usually use Batiste Dry Shampoo, but I thought I’d give this one a try as it was slightly cheaper. For me, it works just as good if not better. The product can be used to refresh your hair between washes or to give your hair some more volume. The way to use the product is by spraying it at the roots in the areas that usually become greasy first, or are greasy, and work the product in with your hands. Often the product will leave a white, powdery residue which will need to be rubbed into the hair and roots. After you have done this, take a comb and comb through your hair. Not only will this now neaten the hair you’ve probably messed up but it also continues to rub it in and remove any excess product. I found this product in PoundStretcher recently and it only cost me a pound! Well worth that money for sure! Great brand, great product, great price.
For this Monday recommendation, I want to show you my favourite parts of my ring collection. Rings are a very important aspect to fashion and to many outfits. They are also my favourite type of jewellery. Many of the rings I buy are rather cheap, or were on offer as I don’t really have a lot of money spare to just spend on jewellery rather than books and clothes for school or something but I wanted to show you my favourites, so that maybe you can buy them, find something similar, get inspired or just be plain nosey.
I’m going to refer to the numbers on the pictures as I talk about each ring:
- Yes, this is two rings but they were both bought at the same place, albeit years apart, but still bought at the same place. I got these from The Deep (an aquarium in Hull, England). They are colour changing mood rings, probably meant for children and not people of my age, but I love them. Now because all my rings are cheap, I fully expect the plating to rub away and for the copper underneath to cause a green stain. The one on the right has done this after many wears but the one on the left which I have owned for much longer and therefore worn a lot more has never done this; I don’t even think the coating has worn at all which is amazing.
- This is a recent purchase. I bought this ring from a Chinese store on EBay. I’ll try and enter a link here to their shop. I got three rings, for varying low prices, and they seem super good quality considering. Anyway, this ring, for those who can recognise it is supposed to resemble the Harry Potter Horcrux ring. I gave these as presents to two of my friends as well.
- I call this ring my hipster ring because it has a picture of Jesus on it but as I’m a Christian it does mean a lot to me. I think it’s a very modern way to represent my faith and I just think its super pretty. I got this ring from New Look.
- This ring is a really cool statement ring. It is, as you can see, a locket, and I think this is just a really good idea, lockets are great on necklaces but you can’t really see the picture inside when it’s round your neck but on your finger you can always open the locket and look inside. This was bought from the UK Drugstore Boots.
- This last ring is another recent purchase, also from the Chinese store above on EBay. Now this has to be my favourite right now of all six rings. I think it looks interesting, is unique and it was super cheap. It also goes with any outfit and can dress up any outfit.
My TIP for never getting green copper stains again and for being able to wear metals you’re allergic to is… Before you start wearing any ring, as soon as you’ve bought it, get some clear nail polish and paint the inside of the ring. This then creates an extra coating to stop you from wearing the metal down and getting to the copper inside but also creates a barrier between your skin and the metal meaning that if you are allergic to any types of metal, you can now wear jewellery. I learnt this tip from a fashion guru on YouTube so her channel will be linked here.
This Monday, I want to talk about fashion… I’m a massive fan of these printed chino type trousers. The ones I have can be seen in the pictures. I find they’re a great alternative to jeans, skinny or otherwise. I don’t get on well with skinny jeans as I’m not super skinny and I can never find a pair that fit properly, so I wear these trousers as an alternative. They have brilliant patterns and they fit so well. I feel like they’re really flattering to every part of the leg and really make any outfit.
I’ve had these trousers a while but I’ll tell you where they were from so that perhaps you can find something similar:
The blue camouflage trousers and the light patterned trousers – Matalan (for under £10 each, the latter were on offer).
The striped trousers – Primark (Each for £5, reduced and on offer).
This recommendation is going to be kept short and sweet as you’re going to have to get shopping… if you’re scared of more bright or patterned trousers just go out there and try them on. I’ve never looked back since I discovered my beautiful trousers!
I want to recommend Skinology Cleansers. This is because I’ve found them to be very helpful in keeping away my breakouts and for generally cleaning my face. The difficulty in recommending things like this is that everyone’s skin is completely different and completely unique so these products may not work for everyone and may even make someone’s acne or spot related issue worse.
What do I use?
- Skinology Tea Tree Blackhead Cleanser ‘bye-bye blackheads and don’t come back. No one likes you!’
- Skinology Cleansing Lotion ‘our carefully balanced formula helps you on your way to cleaner, clearer skin.’
I’ve been using these products for a while, but I had a period of bad break outs so I stopped using most of my skin products. Only recently have I started using these on a regular basis, without any of the other products I had previously, so I know that for me, these work. They help keep spots away and they’ve helped clear up the spots I have had quickly. The Blackhead Cleanser especially helps with dirt and grease. I feel like I have much cleaner and clearer skin.
Hopefully these products will be able to help you too!
Ever had the problem of wanting to wear lipstick but not having the confidence to do so? Or thinking it looks too bright, too dark, too much? Or maybe lipstick just isn’t your thing but you still want some colour on your lips? Me too.
I don’t think that I’m particularly great at applying lipstick especially when it’s dark. I also don’t think it really suits me. But I do like to have colour on my lips so my solution is Lip Crayons.
The ones I have, I’ve had a while, so unfortunately I cannot tell you what mine are but to be perfectly honest, mine were a bargain buy from PoundStretcher so any you find are bound to be just as good or better than mine.
In case you are totally lost or totally out of your comfort zone, I’m going to tell you how I use and apply my lip pencils:
- For a normal lipstick look, I just apply the crayon very strongly as I would any other lip pencil. To make this last longer, I’ll apply a gloss over the top.
- For a more natural, or subtle, look I’ll lightly apply the crayon, if I’ve applied it too dark I’ll add lip balm over the top; this evens out the colour and mellows it a bit. If it needs lightening more, then I’ll blot my lips with a tissue and apply more lip balm.
I think Lip Crayons are very useful not only because they fix all of the above problems with wearing lipstick but also because they’re not the type of product that get all over your teeth or around your face. They last a while but it does, of course, fade, like anything else, but it does this in a gradual and more natural way so that you’re not left with smears of lippy across your lips or an uneven tone.
Let’s talk about something hair related…
Today I want to recommend Bristow’s Shine Gloss Booster. This product basically gives your hair a much shinier look as soon as you use it. The product works as a spray, you can use as much or as little as you like. I tend to use this on wet or dry hair by just spraying on the top and underneath of my hair, I then take a brush or a comb and work the product through my hair and leave it to dry. As soon as it is dry there are noticeable results. My friends and my family have noticed my shinier hair when I use the shine spray and I know it gives my hair a much healthier and alive appearance. It also helps tame frizz and leaves the hair super soft and what makes it even better is that I found this in Poundland, so it only cost me a pound! A pound for such a renowned brand and a great product = perfect.
It’s summer, it’s sweaty, it’s a perfect time to talk about fragrance products to keep us smelling beautiful and fresh…
My absolute favourite brand for perfumes and body sprays is So…?, I know it’s cheap but it’s what I always ask for during Christmas or for birthdays. I think the whole range is just so fun and they have so many different fragrances right now that they’re perfect for all seasons, occasions and moods. The body sprays I have at the moment, the ones in the picture, are Kiss Me, Sexy and Sinful. The So…? Perfume I’ve been using recently is Sinful, which matches the body spray of the same name. Sexy is a very sweet fragrance, it has a tangy quality which I really like and I think it’s a very interesting scent although it may be for an acquired taste. Kiss Me is the classic So…? Perfume and has therefore stood the test of time, it’s a mellow summery scent, and lastly, Sinful, which to me is a very ‘grown up’ scent perfect for the evening time. My second favourite brand for body sprays is Impulse. The one I have here in the picture is Be Surprised: Violets & Red Fruits. I think it’s a perfect flowery and sweet summer fragrance.