What I’m reading – I am currently reading Paper Towns by John Green. I thoroughly enjoyed the film so I thought I would pick up the novel. The story is about a girl named Margo Roth Spiegelman and her neighbour Quentin Jacobsen. The blurb reads as follows: ‘Quentin Jacobsen has always loved Margo from afar. So when she climbs through his window to summon him on an all-night road trip of revenge he cannot help but follow. But the next morning, Q turns up at school and Margo doesn’t. She’s left clues to her disappearance, like a trail of breadcrumbs for Q to follow’.
What I’m watching – With the university year finished, an abundance of time and very little to do, I have taken to watching a lot of TV. Currently I am watching Friends, 3rd Rock from the Sun and The Big Bang Theory. All three I would recommend, especially if what you’re after is a light watch which you don’t have to put a lot of energy or concentration into.
What I’m listening to – Plastic by Nina Karolidou, Like I Would by Zayn, My Demons by Starset, Bulletproof by Young Guns, Give Up by Once Upon a Dead Man and MFT80s by Chris Bourne. Further proof of my very eclectic music taste…
What I’m eating – STIR FRY. I think I’m obsessed with Stir Fry… is that weird? At least it’s healthy and easy to make. I make stir fry with cabbage, pepper, onion, broccoli and carrots with either rice noodles, cous cous or rice. I’m a vegetarian so I don’t add meat.
What I’m quoting – ‘In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.’ -Nikos Kazantzakis
What I’m reading – This month I have been reading The Shadowhunter’s Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis which is a side novel to The Mortal Instruments series. This book is quite enjoyable and acts as a handbook to new Shadowhunters (and also has Clary’s notes all over it).
I have also been reading The World According to Wolverine by Matthew K. Manning which is a fun book all about the comic book character of Wolverine.
Both of these were presents for my birthday and I’m enjoying them thoroughly.
What I’m watching – I have been watching Once Upon A Time (I’m obsessed), Friends (also obsessed), Shadowhunters and The Big Bang Theory!
What I’m subscribing to – No new subscriptions but I have definitely fallen in love with Wheezy Waiter’s new style of video. He used to do skits and sit-down vlogs, but now he has taken up a daily-vlog style with some artsy cuts. Very enjoyable, do check him out.
What I’m listening to – The top few tracks this month, between my friends and I, are: Broken Generation by Of Mice and Men, X Gon Give it to Ya by DMX (from Deadpool), Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots and finally, Judgement Day by Stealth (from Suits).
What I’m eating – Too much. I’ve eaten a lot of cake this week… let’s leave it at that.
What I’m quoting – Stars Can’t Shine Without Darkness (from Unknown).
What I’m reading – Lately I’ve been much better getting books finished. I’ve finished the 6th Mortal Instruments book: City of Heavenly Fire. I, then, moved on to Carrie Hope Fletcher’s book: All I Know Now.
What I’m currently reading is Stardust by Neil Gaiman. This book is set in the Victorian era starting in the unusual village called Wall. This village is separated from a whole other world, the land of Faerie, where Tristan, the young protagonist, is from. He finds himself adventuring off into this new land, sent there by his true love Victoria to find a fallen star. There is also a film based on this novel, information for which, I will link here. It is a truly beautiful film with such a wonderful cast.
What I’m watching – I have recently been watching Once Upon A Time Series 1 and 2. I love this show because it has a unique concept: all fairytale characters have been cursed and therefore pulled from their world and dropped into ours. A 28-year-old Emma Swan, daughter of
Snow White and Prince Charming, is the saviour: the only who can break their curse, but only if she believes. It’s a fantastic show.
Other than OUAT, I’ve been watching good ol’ Friends. There’s no use in me explaining that show because if you don’t know it you’ve clearly been living under a rock. However, if you don’t know the show, you should definitely look it up. It’s classic, and fantastic in every way.
What I’m listening to – I have been listening to a lot of Young Guns recently, and I absolutely adore their music. My favourite song of theirs in Bones, I’ll insert the video below.
Other artists and albums I’m listening to in Adele’s newest: 25 and Bryan Adam’s Get Up. Two amazing new albums. Check out Bryan Adam’s songs You Belong to Me and Brand New Day and Adele’s single Hello and the track Miss You from her new album.
What I’m quoting –
‘I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring.’ – David Bowie.
So similar to my beauty blog about a month ago, I want to show you my favourite parts of my necklace collection. I don’t wear necklaces too often, as I don’t wear much jewellery that often but for some reason I can’t stop buying them. Again, I want to show you my favourite necklaces so that maybe you can buy them, find something similar, get inspired or just be plain nosey.
I’m going to refer to the numbers on the pictures as I talk about each piece:
- This was a wonderful present from my Grandma. It is, as I’m sure you can see, a rabbit with a tiny rose. We were shopping in New Look and I saw this necklace, I think it was on offer, but I decided not to buy it since I was already buying other things. She slipped it into her shopping, I didn’t know at all, and surprised me with it afterwards.
- This is actually three necklaces. The two on the right, the jigsaw pieces, were bought for me, on my birthday I think, by my wonderful best friend and she gave me them both. This year, I felt bad for not splitting up the pair between us and instead got a brand new set of friendship necklaces, as I’d already gotten so attached to the other two, which means, the one on the left, the little man, is my one from the pair and she has the other. I got the little man necklace from Claires.
- A little BEST sheep. I assume this is from a pair like the ones above. My friend gave me this necklace as a Christmas present and I just adore it.
- I absolutely love this necklace. I think it’s so unique and as a fan of TV shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer it’s very apt in representing my love of that. I recently wore it to a Vampire/Gothic party I had with my English Literature group at the end of the school year in July. I have a feeling that I bought it from Claires but I don’t remember.
- Two necklaces. These were both bought for me from another of my friends but on seperate occasions, I believe Christmas and then my Birthday. They both have super long black chains, one has a strawberry charm and one has a beautiful bird. I love these so much.
- Finally, this necklace is a lovely little locket that I have had for so many years and it has a lot of meaning to me purely because of that. I got it with a diary or book of some sort that I bought in Primary School and have had it ever since.
That’s it. Not much more to say really. I do realise most of these were bought for me and that’s because I do genuinely regard these and others that my friends or family have bought me as my favourites. Not only do they know exactly what I like but the pieces just hold so much more value when they have that meaning behind them.