I’m a massive fan of the TV Show Buffy the Vampire Slayer and somehow, I don’t remember how I got searching for it, I found the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Albums. There are three that I’ve found so far and they include music from the series, music that was played in the series and an official BtVS album.
I’ll list and explain the three albums I have here; they’ll be in the same order as the picture to the right.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once more, with Feeling
- This album has the tracks from the Musical Episode (from Series 5) named, unsurprisingly so, Once more, with Feeling.
- This episode was seen as brilliantly unique and remains one of Joss Whedon’s favourites.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Radio Sunnydale (music from the TV series)
- This is the unofficial album collecting music from the show, namely music played as soundtracks and tracks played at the Bronze.
- The music is very much 90s American, but I think for now I think the genre could be a mixture of alternative/punk/pop.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Album
- This is the official album collecting music from the show, so practically the same as the above album as it also plays soundtracks and music from the Bronze and has a similar genre.
- Both albums have different tracks.
It’s hard to talk about the entirety of three albums as brief as I’m going to, but I think these albums are unique and include a lot of music of which is probably unheard and is very much not mainstream. I found the music to be really good and I liked that the album has a lot of different tracks so that if you don’t like one, it doesn’t degrade the whole thing, because you can skip that song and find another you do like.
The final album I would like to mention is the Official ANGEL album (ANGEL: Live fast, Die Never) that takes the soundtracks and music from the Buffy spin off series ANGEL. Now this I don’t rave about so much because it is heavily soundtrack based rather than songs and that’s down purely to the tone of the show, it doesn’t have something like the Bronze. Despite this I have found there to be about four songs that I really like and that has fortunately made me pleased that I bought this album too.